3 Steps to make sure you don’t become involved in a CRA Scam:
- Have the Rep Identify themselves.
- Get their Employee number, position, and name.
- Have the Rep Confirm Account Details
- DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR FINANCIAL OR PERSONAL INFO. Have them provide it to you. If they can’t, they are NOT the CRA.
- Stay Calm
- If they are demanding or unfriendly. It is highly unlikely this is a CRA rep. Hang up the phone.
If all else fails. Consult your Bookkeeping provider and they will make sure everything is ok.